Monday, January 27, 2014

Back in the Ark Business

Twenty five years ago last month I finished my first Noah's Ark.
Two and a half decades and more than a thousand arks later
I'm at it again.
This is the first for 2014
22 inches long by 13 inches high
Noah & the Mrs. and 12 handcarved animals...
giraffes, zebra, lions, donkeys, pigs & sheep.
All handcrafted from pine.
The cabin is painted, crackled & antiqued.
The bottom opens up & there is a ramp as well.
$495.00


#2 has a solid bottom.
It's just a little shorter - 21" x 11"
Noah, Joan and 12 animals all handcarved.
The cabin is made from 100+ year old lathe.
$450.

The story behind my years of building Arks
is on my blog - EVolution. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work on these arks...it is hard to find an ark for people who collect them....I looked for years for an ark that was not created primarily for children; but, one I could display...at the time was not aware you created them...I finally find one at a craft show and it was created by a woman...she had trouble keeping them they were so popular...her animals were not as detailed as yours....I cannot imagine the amount of work put into your arks.....work well done.

    ReplyDelete